Welcome to my ramblings

I hope you will find my ramblings of some interest. Please feel free to leave a comment

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quilt info

Of the three quilts shown, the Waverley Sampler (Green & Pink) was given away as a gift for a Ruby Wedding Anniversary last year. This was a fun quilt to make in a our once a month Quilting Class at Waverley Salvos. Participants came with little to no experience and others had made some quilts before. We have a fun night on the first Thursday of every month with Lynda as our teacher and mentor.

I always try to include a new skill or try something different in every quilt I make and the second quilt made with pre cut Northwood Flannel squares was not at all difficult but instead of quilting, I used 6 strands of DMC thread and tied knots on every corner. My mum & dad now use this in their caravan.

The third and very bright quilt was another new skill - Quilt-as-you-go. I used a Japanese range of beautiful fabrics to create this quilt which at present is hanging in our family room. It is very bright and cheerful and the colours are very rich.

I have three other projects on the go at the moment and will post them soon. My Queen sized Log Cabin quilt has finally been completed after starting it in 2002. I was keen to machine quilt it with my trusty Janome machine and although a huge challenge, great satisfaction from completing it all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment